Monday, November 4, 2013

But I Call You Stormy Today...


Weather forecast for tonight: dark.
                       
                                    -George Carlin

I swear I've been planning to prepare and blog this cocktail for the longest time. After Saturday evening's Girls' Night, and one of Nina's Dark & Stormy cocktails, I had to stop by Boney's for ginger beer, crystallized ginger and limes. I admit, I didn't make the 'official' Dark ‘n Stormy® highball cocktail with Gosling's Black Seal Rum and Gosling's Stormy Ginger Beer; I used Myer's dark rum I had buried in the back of my cupboard and Reed's ginger beer. Tasty, nonetheless, especially with Nina's touches - sugar-coated rim, squeeze of lime, lime slices, and swizzle stick of crystallized ginger!



Dark & Stormy Cocktail

(Makes 1 cocktail)

4 ounces ginger beer

2 ounces dark rum (recommended Gosling's Black Seal Bermuda Black Rum)
Lime wedge
Lime slices, for garnish
Crystallized ginger, for garnish
Sugar, to coat the rim of the glass

Run a wedge of lime around the rim of a highball glass.

Pour some sugar on a flat plate and coat the rim of the glass with sugar.
Press a couple of thin lime slices to the inside of the glass.
Fill glass with ice.
Squeeze the lime wedge over the ice.
Pour the ginger beer into the glass.
Top with rum.
Garnish with a swizzle stick of crystallized ginger and lime.
Cozy up on the couch and enjoy.



Here's Gosling's video on how to make the Dark ‘n Stormy® 




NaBloPoMo provides participants with Daily Prompts if we need some added inspiration. Today's prompt is "It builds character"...Photographers, show us a CHARACTER.

I walked down by the beach this morning, with coffee and camera in hand, hoping to get a nice shot of the stormy sky to go with my cocktail, but also hoping to capture a character. I found this guy - His chest reads, "If stopped don't revive."


There you have it, Post #4 for NaBloPoMo.

5 comments:

Crystal T. said...

I do love a dark & stormy. My other face is the moscow mule!

MelissaKav said...

FYI, Reeds Extra Ginger ginger beer is exactly like the Goslings. I did a major taste test so I could make the real thing! Sometimes a girl's gotta do it!

Lakelady said...

What? No picture of Trapper? It is indeed a dark and stormy day without my Trapper fix!

Laura said...

Never had one of those! Looks amazing

Chronicallysickmanicmother said...

MAN! I had a kid free driving free night. I knew I should have caught up on the blogs before we went on Saturday!

Found you through Blogher nablomosopososfn(bunch of letters I never remember) challenge